Sunday 29 April 2007

Currently reading...

...this book:



I went to the book launch on Friday night, and I'm ploughing through it. Laughing lots at some of the things that Richard Dawkins thinks are valid arguements!

I'm having a good day, have eaten fairly well and done some boxing which was really tiring but I really enjoyed it. I'm dreading going back to the hospital tomorrow a bit...I'm on the acute admissions ward this week, although I'm helping out with the 2nd and 3rd year OSCEs for 2 mornings. I really need a patient to write up for my portfolio, and I need to get my act together with work stuff because the portfolio hand-in is drawing near...gulp! This is also the last week of the block, and thus the last time I'll be on the wards until I'm shadowing the person who's doing my job in July. So I'd better ask all the stupid questions I need to ask this week!

The problem is, I'm moving cities to start work in a different place so I suspect things will be done a bit differently in New City, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it. And hopefully I'll make friends! It's been a while since I've been in the don't-know-anyone situation so hopefully I'll meet some people to hang out with and settle in well.

Sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed by the impending change, and sometimes I can't wait to get started. I'm kind of dreading moving again, this time I have to get 6 years worth of stuff into a much smaller room, and it's very stressful and tiring moving anyway, so thank goodness my muscly brother is coming to help me, and bringing his band's van too, so between me in the car and him in the van we should be able to get it all home!

So it's a bit mixture of emotions being me at the moment, with occasional moments of rising panic about the coming portfolio hand-in!

No comments: